Subject: Seamless Doghead (Was: Re: Hey....)
From: [email-masked] (Timothy Albee)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:35:39 -0500

>
>        That's what I've been doing.  I'll mirror, merge points.  That
>should work.  But when I go into layout and render, there is still a fairly
>visible seam.  Weird, huh?
>

Hyia --

I ran into this problem myself a long time ago while modeing a Robotic
Wolf, and though the solution I came up with doesn't solve the seam problem
it got me a good looking wolf-head just the way I wanted it.  Just create
cross-sectional polys of the head at key parts of the structure (like ribbs
in an old wooden plane) and either skin or morph them together depending on
what transition you want between the segments.

I know this probably means scrapping a lot of what you've worked on if
you've been designing the head with patches or other things like that, but
whatever works. ;)

Happy dogging,

Timothy

--      /-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
        Timothy Albee            |           Media Station Inc.
        [email-masked]    |  Traditional and 3d animator
        \-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/